Sunday, March 08, 2009

Revisions to S/W art

A wise artist just told me this week "I always do what the layout editor tells me to do..."

I was asked to alter the various sketches/inks to full 100% ink with no opaque or wash areas. This forced me to alter the look and take out the blur effects. It forced me to reapproach each image with a different view. I also got a chance to alter my original disintegration spell idea with a cooler effect - a black/white body disintegrating into a pile of dust.



Reinked Prismatic Sphere




Original Disintegration Spell



Revised Disintegration

All are digital only.

2 comments:

Bartoneus said...

Do you have a link or information about the S/W art submissions? I googled it and read a bit about it but I'm wondering where you found out about it and the process you're going through. :)

Michael S/Chgowiz said...

Bartoneus - I play Swords/Wizardy quite a bit and I'm a regular viewer of their forums. It was a collaborative effort to edit/review and come up with art for it. One of the threads mentioned a need for some filler art for various spells, so I volunteered for the Magic Jar, Disintegrate and Prismatic Sphere. I just read the descriptions, imagined what it looks like in my head and went from there.